SHT is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data. The Personal Data Protection Policy (“PDP Policy”) sets out the basis upon which SHT collects, uses, discloses, stores and processes personal data in Singapore in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
Collection, Use and Disclosure
SHT may collect your data such as Name, Contact Number, and Residential Address etc which you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you:
- Visit our websites or mobile application;
- Donate Through our websites or mobile application;
- Register with us for SHT- related services, programmes, activities and events which may include religious ritual/ceremony, purchase of opera show ticket/DVD and lamp lighting etc;
- Register with us as volunteer;
- Respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- Request that we contact you (in an email or other mailing list etc);
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
SHT may use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes by which we have obtained your consent for. Some of the purposes are listed as below:
- SHT may contact you to inform you about SHT and SHT related organizations’ products and services, or other information which may interests you;
- SHT may contact you to invite you to participate in SHT events and activities;
- To carry out your instruction or reply your queries;
- To process and administering billings, payments, accounts;
- Compliance monitoring and audit reviews;
- Complying with all applicable regulations, laws and internal policies and procedures.
Where Personal Data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself, you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents have been obtained from the relevant individuals and you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon request.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you do not want your personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed by SHT for the specified purposes, you may withdraw your consent via e-mail or mail to SHT. An authorized personnel shall direct you to fill in the relevant form(s) accordingly. SHT will endeavor to give effect to your withdrawal request within ten (10) working days from the date SHT receives the withdrawal notice.
As you navigate through our website, we automatically collect and record information on our server logs from your browser and may employ cookies in order for our server to recognize a return visitor as a unique user. (Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you or other data about you.) You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser. SHT only employs the use of session cookies which collect and store technical data but do not personally identify a user. SHT does not employ the use of persistent cookies that collect and store your IP address and/or other types of personal data. SHT only collects your personal data when you voluntarily create an account or register on the SHT website, and provide your personal data to us for the specified purposes.
SHT strives ensure that our systems are secure and that they meet the industry standards. We will strive to protect and ensure the security of your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or other similar risks.
Retention of Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our services and necessary required or relevant for related or legal purposes.
Access and Correction
You may request to access, correct or update your personal data via e-mail to the DPO who shall direct you to fill in the relevant form(s) accordingly. Please note that subject to the PDPA, not all personal data that we have collected may be available for review.
SHT will not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties. SHT will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your permission, except if required by law or a court order to do so. Our websites and mobile application may contain links to our websites and applications operated by third parties for your own convenience and information. Unless expressly specified, these websites and applications are accessed at your own risk.
Contact Details of DPO
If you have any enquiries/feedback, please contact the DPO at
The Data Protection Officer
Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple
15 Arumugam Road Singapore 409960
Tel: 6744 3187