Although Sheng Hong Temple was founded in 1917, it was only on 11 August 1981 that the Temple was officially registered as a religious organization with the Registry of Societies and adopted the name Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple Association with its registered address at 15 Arumugam Road Singapore 409960.  This was in line with its vision to enhance its administration and for the development of the Temple.

The objectives of the Association are:

  • To enshrine the Sheng Hong Deity (清溪显佑伯主) and other Gods;
  • To manage the affairs of the Association and its temple;
  • To carry out charitable works;
  • To inherit and further promote Chinese culture and traditional arts;
  • To lead in propagation of orthodox Taoist teachings in Singapore, promote Taoist culture, and to advance Taoist academic duration and research;
  • To promote traditional Taoist health preservation techniques, and to promote health preservation culture through the practice of Wudang Taiji Quan (武当太极拳) so people of different races and religions may participate and benefit from the activities to achieve wellness; and
  • To promote Taoist music and liturgy for devotees to better appreciate and understand the Taoist culture.

The Management Committee serves a 2-year term according to the Association’s Constitution.  Click here or the link below to access the name list of previous Management Committees.